How To Use Royal Brew Nitro Cold Brew Keg & Growler
Step 1: Add cold brew coffee (or coffee concentrate + water) to the keg or growler.
*Important: To allow gas to form, only fill the keg/growler up to 50%-75% maximum with coffee! We recommend filling:
- 64oz Keg: 40 oz of cold brew
- 128oz Keg: 80-96 oz of cold brew
- Growler Pro: Roughly 50% (32-40oz of cold brew)
Step 2: Install the faucet.
- For the Keg: Attach the plastic hose to the bottom of the spear with the fork side down, and attach the faucet to the head piece spear.
- *Note: Make sure faucet is installed tight. Use the wrench to tighten the faucet onto the spear. If loose, gas will escape causing flat nitro cold brew or leaks.
- For the Growler: Faucet usually comes pre installed! If so, skip to step 3.
- If uninstalled: align the faucet + spring into growler/faucet connection point. Use some force to depress the spring into the connection point, then tightly screw the nut onto the faucet to complete the connection. Lastly, use wrench to tighten faucet onto growler (see image & video)
Step 3: Insert the nitrogen capsules in the nitrogen jacket and screw until you hear a hissing noise.
- If using Royal Brew Nitrous Oxide cartridges (not included), use one per per 64oz kit or 2 per 128oz kit.
- If using Royal Brew Nitrogen Cartridges (N₂), use 2 cartridges per 64 oz kit or 4 per 128 oz kit-- after putting in the first cartridge, let the keg sit for 20-30 minutes to absorb gas from the 1st cartridge, then add a 2nd cartridge.
Step 4: Shake the keg or growler well, then put it in refrigerator for more than 1 hour.
For the foamiest results, be sure to shake the keg well after each cartridge and daily, before pouring the first pour of the day.
Step 5: Enjoy your nitro cold brew coffee!
Keg/Growler: Fill with warm soapy water and scrub the inside with a large cleaning brush. Rinse. Turn upside down to air dry. Do not wash in the dishwasher.
Tapping System: Remove the hose from the keg/growler spear and run hot water through the hose and through the tip of the stout faucet with the tap handle in the open position. If contents have dried soak in warm soapy water and then rinse using the same rinsing method. If desired, disassemble the keg/growler spear and scrub the inside with the small cleaning brush, and clean with warm soapy water. Do not wash in the dishwasher.
Make sure inside of keg/growler is completely dried before storing with cap or tapping system attached. Do not microwave or freeze. Always hand wash mini keg and tapping system. Not designed for hot liquids, nonfood, or highly acidic materials. Use for conditioning or fermenting at your own risk.
RISKS & WARNINGS
- Use precaution when handling gas cartridges and follow all instructions. Keep bottom of cartridge sleeve pointed away from body when installing and removing cartridges. Do not attempt to remove a cartridge from regulator cap if still pressurized.
- Risk of cold burns – gas and used cartridges can be very cold. Use caution when handling. Always point the regulator cap’s outlet away from body when discharging.
- Gas cartridges are to be used for food consumption only and not for sale to minors under the age of 18. Do not inhale contents. Misuse can be dangerous to your health.
- This product carries risk of explosion and flying debris. Misuse can be dangerous!
- Do not incinerate. Do not expose to sun or heat. Do not store above 49°C/120°F.
- Keep out of reach of children!