Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker Keg 64oz
The #1 Nitro Cold Brew Maker — Add nitrogen or nitrous oxide to your cold brew for a sweeter & fresher taste with the cascading and delicious micro-bubbles you could only previously get at the coffee shop.
Enjoy unlimited frothy nitro cold brew that will taste better without the need for creamer, dairy, or sweeteners!
- COMPATIBILITY: Use with any 8g nitrous oxide or 2g nitrogen cartridge (not included). The Royal Brew is compatible with most 8g nitrous oxide or 2g nitrogen capsules.
- Dual-action pour lets you add a creamy top to your pour.
- Cartridge holder casing -
- For maximum foam, use the Nitrous Oxide 8g cartridges (1 per batch for 64 oz keg). Nitrous oxide adds a slightly sweet taste and you only need to use 1.
- For a classic stout flavor without the added sweetening, use 2 x Nitrogen 2g cartridges.
- Make sure to shake the keg every 24 hours to extend the life of the nitrogen cartridge.
- Important: To allow gas to form, only fill the keg up to 50%-75% maximum with coffee!
- Important: Be sure to shake the keg well (10-15 seconds) after each cartridge and to wait a minimum of 5 minutes between each cartridge to allow gas to form (and 1 hr in fridge after last cartridge is added).
- Weight: 5.45 lbs
- Total Dimensions: 7" diameter x 13.9"
- Keg Diameter: 5.31"
- Food grade stainless steel or matte black 64 oz keg
- Steel Spout Faucet
- Coffee Spear w/ pressure relieving valve
- Nitrogen & Nitrous Oxide cartridge holder casing
- 2 Cleaning Brushes - Clean every part of your kit, including the tubing, faucets, and other hard-to-reach places!
- 1 x plastic hose
- 2-in-1 wrench
- Tap Plug
- Carry bag
- 1-year Manufacturer Warranty
I don't write many reviews, but this exceeded my expectations. I bought this somewhat as a test to see how cheaper, more available N2O cartridges tasted compared to straight N2 cartridges that are more like what I'd had before at the coffee shop. Plus, I wanted to try N2O cartridges, which are very similar to "beer gas" used for nitro beers to see what non nitro beers tasted like when made into nitro beer. First the coffee. My N2O cartridges showed up first so that's where I started. N2O coffee comes out significantly more foamy, with a very long and beautiful cascade. As a full glass settles, you end up with about a fourth of a glass. The foam is good and the settled coffee is good. The taste is only slightly different than straight N2 (it is 70% nitrogen after all). The downside of N2 is that it's more expensive and takes 2 cartridges to charge the keg, with an hour in between to absorb. The coffee is better, though. Creamier and identical to the coffee shop (much better than Starbucks, because my coffee is better!). As for the beer, it is also awesome. Makes me want a second keg. 4 12oz beers poured in and allowed to go flat for a day in the fridge, that way more of the Nitrogen from the N2O can absorb into the beer and replace the original 100% CO2. Stouts work best, as the heavy malt holds up to the sweetening (creamier). Tried an Octoberfest, and while it was still good, it didn't do it any favors. I've heard it mutes the hops in IPA. I plan on trying it sometime with an extremely hoppy IPA and see if it holds up. This is much more flexible than the Growlerwerks Ukeg with it's hard to clean design and proprietary larger cartridges. Very happy with my purchase.
Makes delicious coffee, better than Starbucks and a lot cheaper
If you make the cold brew right this coffee will change your life and help your wallet! The ease of use and support team is fantastic! I will recommend this product to all my friends and family! Keep it up, Royal Brew! Cheers!